I was so excited when Sherwin-Williams contacted me to do a fun little paint project for their 2015color of the year announcement- Coral Reef SW 6606!!
In my usual fashion, I decided,.”Well, I can’t just paint something, I have to make this bigger!” So, I got to thinking it would be cool to make a fun entry table…
We had to run by a lumber store to grab a few pieces of wood, namely 2×2’s, a couple small moldings and a table top. Anything else used on the project came from our scrap supply! Then we got started.
Last but not least I ran to my local Sherwin-Williams Paint store to pick up all the paint I would need for the project!
First we removed the door. *It is a cool long skinny shape. We might need to make something out of it later… ya know the normal thing like a coat hook scarf rack or towel rack something!
We had to do a little trimming on one side to make the front face frame an equal size all around.
Fill any holes from old hardware, etc.
The sides were covered with a small piece of scrap plywood and then wrapped with molding and puttied within and inch of their lives…. sand, sand, sand. There you go, smooth as a baby’s you know what.
Because the cabinet face frame has a slight hangover to help line cabinets up when you hand them on the wall, we had to put some spacers on the top. Nail and glue the properly cut to size table top to these spacers, then attach the 1/2 cove molding to the spacers.
Prepare the legs. We used our Kreg Jig to make it easier.
For the top piece of the legs, we had the jig holes face the cabinet, where they will be hidden once they are attached to the cabinet body.
On the base of the table, make sure that the screw jig holes are pointing toward the floor so they are all hidden. )no patching required! (In the picture shown above, the table base is upside-down, so you can see all the holes.)
Screw the base to the prepared upper cabinet.
Bam! You have a table.
You really are amazing!
Now for the fun part!! Paint!
I used Sherwin-Willams, Pro Classic, Matte paint, in Coral Reef SW 6606.
I used both a brush and a foam roller to make sure that there weren’t too many brush marks. Light sanding between coats if I had too much texture.
Now for the After!
The color is Gorgeous! I am really happy with how it turned out!
*Thanks to Sherwin-Williams for partnering with me on this project and providing the paint! All opinions are my own.
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.