Spring is here! Time to break out those beautiful, refreshing salads! This sweet and spicy tuna pasta salad is perfect to welcome the season!
Sweet and Spicy Tuna Pasta Salad
- 2 (2.6 oz.) Pouches – Starkist Tuna Creations® Sweet & Spicy, flaked
- 4 oz. (about 1- 1⁄4 cups) uncooked high-fiber penne pasta
- One 12 oz. bag (about 4 cups) broccoli coleslaw
- 2 cups chopped red and yellow bell peppers
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup chopped jicama
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Prepare pasta in a medium pot per package instructions, about 10 minutes. Drain, rinse with cold water and transfer to a large bowl.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine broccoli slaw with 1⁄4 cup water. Cover and microwave for 4-5 minutes, until softened.
- Alternatively, steam your slaw by microwaving it right in the bag, if the package says it can be done. Drain excess liquid.
- Add bell peppers, onion, jicama, and flaked tuna.
- In a medium bowl, whisk vinegar, oil and red pepper flakes.
- Add to the large bowl, and mix well.
- Enjoy immediately or cover and chill!