One of the very best parts of this holiday season is getting to see family and friends that you haven’t seen for a year — and part of the fun is hosting holiday guests! We decided to invite some guests of our own here to Remodelaholic for our very own special holiday guest series! And our first guest comes all the way from Germany, so give Lydia and her adorable small kitchen renovation a warm holiday welcome:
Tiny Kitchen Makeover with Painted Faux Brick Backsplash
by Lydia of Pudel-design
at first I want to thank Lorene and Cassity from Remodelaholic for featuring my post!
As I opened the mail Lorene send me, I was so excited and happy to read her request!
This is amazing;)
I am Lydia Pudel from Pudel-design,
I am a graphic designer and I write about my projects and art.
You maybe have seen some of my projects,
like “The carpet reveal”, my
“DIY Bubble Chandelier”
or “A DIY housewarming Gift” on Pinterest or some other blogs.
So today I want to share with you my kitchen renovation journey!
It took me about one whole year to finish this project, not that I was lazy or something, but like you all know, sometimes life gets in the way of a good DIY and you have to pause;)
But we learned a lot during this renovation. My hubby now can open any kitchen cabinet without using a handle or knob, because we lived without them for quite a time;)
Do you want to see the finished kitchen?
Here it is.
At first the before photo of this kitchen.
This was where we started!
But at first we raised the cabinets, put shelves underneath and painted the walls.
Now are you ready for the full after shots?
Time and Costs
- Paint for cabinets and walls – 75€
- Paint for knobs – 9,90€
- Lamps – 14,99€ for the small one and 29,99 for the big one
- Door – 199€
- Tile – 176€
- Countertop – 199€ / we had to change it, the previous we hat was really dated and we have chosen the same color
- Faucet – 129€
- Sink – 89€
- For the shelves we used reclaimed wood, from a past project and the spots over the sink too.
- Tile and door from Toom hardware store
- Paint called Signeo also from Toom, I think you know who Wolfgang Joop ! is? 😉
- His daughter designed the Signeo color palette!
- I love all these colors,
- I can tell they are the best I ever used, just talking from experience;)
- Lamps, faucet, sink, chairs and table from IKEA
- Plates from H&M Home
Thank you so much for paying us a visit, Lydia! I love what you’ve done with your small space.
And be sure to subscribe to follow us by RSS or email so you don’t miss a single one of our amazing holiday guests!
You can also follow along on social media: Facebook | Instagram | Google+ | Twitter | Pinterest
Want to be featured here on Remodelaholic? Submit your best project here.