Popular in Mexico, Agua Fresca is made by blending fresh fruit with water and sugar for a refreshing and healthy alternative to sugar-laden sodas and premade fruit drinks. With just four ingredients, you can make a batch in less than five minutes and keep it in the fridge for up to one week!
Watermelon Agua Fresca
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- lime wedges (optional)
- Using a blender, puree watermelon until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve into a pitcher, and discard solids.
- Add water, sugar, and lime juice to pitcher, and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for at least one hour before serving.
- Garnish each glass with a lime wedge, if desired.
Thanks to eMeals for submitting this fun and healthy beverage! See some of their delicious mocktails below!