Having our own DIY workshop in our garage is a huge deal to us as Remodelaholics, but often the workshop is even more neglected than other not-so-tidy areas of the house. I’ve been fighting the uphill battle of working in a cleaner shop for a long time. A cleaner workshop with less time spent tidying up means more time for projects, so today I’m showing you how I took a stand against the dust and combined my mobile clamp rack tool storage with a dust collector for a great two-fer for the workshop. Now that I’ve got this handy mobile dust collection system the shop has never been cleaner and more enjoyable to work in.
This video part of a series where I’m cleaning up my woodshop and making improvements along the way, so be sure to check out the other posts here and the other videos in the playlist — and don’t forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel, too!
How to Add a Dust Collector to a Mobile Clamp Rack
This post contains affiliate links. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here.
This Dust Right dust collection system inside the Pack Rack mobile clamp system has been a game changer in keeping our work area clean! It’s the perfect “hack” modification to the Rockler Pack Rack Clamp & Tool Storage System to make it work double duty in organizing and cleaning the workshop.
Products used in the video:
- Rockler Dust Right 4″ Quick Change Floor Sweep
- Rockler Pack Rack Clamp & Tool Storage System
- Dust Right® Wall Mount Dust Collector
- Dust Right 4” Quick Change Handle with Expandable Hose
- Remote Dust Collector Switch
- 4 in Keyed Bridge Hose Clamps, Pack of 5
- Performance Tool W88989 24″ X 24″ Protective Diamond Shape Anti-Fatigue Interlocking Floor Mat (24 Square Feet)
- 24″ Sure-foot® ClampBessey I-Beam Bar Clamps
- Rockler 5” Clamp-It Bar Clamp
- Medium Rockler Bandy Clamp, Pair
- 12 in Wooden Handscrew Clamp
- Rockler Universal Fence Clamps with Clamp-It Square
See more from our workshop: