Recycled Purse; Make a purse from a jacket!

(Repost): The other day I cleaned out my closet.
I found a brown velvet jacket that I never wear,
but I still loved the embroidery on it,
so I made a purse out of it and had to share
the pictures of the process and final product.
I love it so much! ( I used an old belt for the strap)

The Jacket

Cutting it apart, very carefully!

The pattern I made, I drew the pattern on it so I would know the proper size.
I had to get creative with what I had to use.  The top of the purse is the edging of the sleeves.
The detail on the back used to be the pleats on the jacket so I outlined the seams  with more seams.
Back of the purse

Front of purse!

What do you think?

Comments

1. Ruth says

>Holy Cow. You are a genius. My jaw chipped off a corner of the desk I am sitting at when I saw how creative you are. I love, love, love it.

2. jrae says

>Oh wow! I love,love, love your idea! I have been wanting to make stocking for my family 2 years and haven't thought of an idea!I just keep using the store bought ones. I am definitely making the sweater stockings! I also want to try my hand at making the purse from the jacket-so adorable.Keep up the good work- I just discovered your blog today! Im glad I did.

3. Marsha says

>I have been wanting to try this. I bought a purse made from an old leather jacket. I have a few but am a little scared cutting right into it. Yours looks fabulous.

4. Nancy W says

>WOW! You are amazing! When are you coming to my place to teach me all your skills? hehe. Hugs from Conroe, TX!

5. Sonja @ Craft-Werk says

>So cool. Am really impressed Cassity – you are not only the most inspired remodeler, but also a talented handbag designer and seamstress. Really nice result!

6. Amy Bowman says

>Wow. Your eye is amazing, you can look at something and see a whole new something!
    Thanks for linking up at "Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays!"

7. Kalleen says

>You did a great job. I love to reconstruct thing to. I don't know if I could pull anything off like this though.

8. Atticmag says

>Wow, you've done it again. You are a wizard. I don't want to think about how much that bag would cost in someplace like London. Handmade and all. Hope you'll drop by and see our fantasy bath. — Jane F.

9. Denise Marie says

>Girl, I think you are amazing…way to rock it out. I gave my girlfriend a dress for her to cut up for dress up box stuff that I walked in a wedding in. I also gave the shoes for her to play dress up…it was all hot pink.

I love to free-cycle stuff.

10. TheSmithHotel says

>Love your idea of reusing the jacket and belt! Super cute and one of a kind!

thanks for sharing,
    Jody

11. Room to Inspire says

>What a great purse – and out of a jacket? Love it. Thanks for linking up to Be Inspired today.

Chelsea

12. Jill and Michelle says

>Found you through sew much ado. I love this purse! What a great idea! I'll be back when I've a minute to have a proper look around!

Jill

13. Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence says

>I think i love it, want it, NEED it (I wish)! Thanks so much for linking up.

14. Lori says

>What a great way to reuse something! Your purse turned out wonderful!

Thanks for joining Get Your Craft on Thursday. Please join me next week for another wonderful party!!

Please stop by next week I am having guest over each day and I would love for you to tell them HI!

15. TidyMom says

>What a FABULOUS idea! I LOVE it!
    Thanks for linking up to I'm Lovin' It!! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

16. Lanie Ree says

>I think it rocks! That is so pretty!

Thank you for linking this to A Little Craft Therapy with Life in the Pitts.

17. Kristi Flanagan says

>I love it!!!! Thanks so much for planting your "creative seed" at Plant a Punkin Seed Party! Don't forget to come back on Friday and Plant another seed and see "hoo" has won the little owl!

Kristi
    Punkin Seed Productions

18. Rachelle says

>Thanks for linking up. Great post.

I'd love it if you could link back though so everyone knows where the party's at! ;) Thanks!

Rachelle