There are countless DIY projects out there involving maps and those are simply in addition to just displaying them! I am a sucker for maps. I have always loved to travel and with every generation traveling a bit more than the one before, I think maps will only become increasing popular. Because of what people call travellust. So what do you do when you can’t travel as much as you would like? Just stare at maps, and make plans for one day. That’s what I do. We previously shared a very popular collection of vintage map printables, so we decided to add a few more of our favorites to your stash. Where are you traveling next?
Of course as I hunted for vintage maps, I came across some pretty fantastic ways to use them too!
Ideas for Using Vintage Maps in Decor
Maps in embroidery hoops via Row House Nest
Use the maps as decoupage for almost anything via About Home
Pallet Map via Craft Shack
Window to the World via Robb Restyle
Vintage Map Coasters via eHow
20+ More Free Printable Vintage Map Images
To download and print, click on the link to visit the original source for each image.
(1) Plan of NYC via The New York Public Library
(2) The Botanical Districts of New Zealand via Biodiversity Heritage Library
(3) Louisiana Purchase Exposition via Vintage Printable
(4) The Americas via Pixabay
(5) The World via Redbudart
(6) Heart World via Vintage Printable
(7) US State Lotto Game Cards via The Vintage Moth
(8) The Civil War via Public Domain Pictures
(9) Mississippi River Flow via FlavorWire
(10) The World via The New York Public Library
(11) Carolina, Florida, and the Bahama Island via Biodiversity Heritage Library
(12) Around the World with the Children via The Vintage Moth
(13) Ancient World Map From 1689 via Public Domain Pictures
(14) A New and Accvrat Map of the World via Pixabay
(15) An Exotic Excursion via The Vintage Moth
(16) Carl Linnæi 1749 Stockholm via Biodiversity Heritage Library
(17) World Map from a 1904 Encyclopedia via Redbudart
(18) Civil War Map via Public Doman Pictures
(19) Old British Nautical Collage via Public Domain Pictures
(20) Amsteldam 1719 via Biodiversity Heritage Library
I really loves maps and I hope these images inspire you, like they do me! Go big with a gallery wall or go small with a 5×7 print in a frame – these lovely images are so versatile! Whatever you do, I would love to see, send us a photo, message us on Facebook, or tag #imaremodelaholic on Instagram! I can’t wait to see where your creativity takes you!