25+ Free Printable Vintage Aquatic Images
Quick note: for all you bloggers out there, we have a few open spots on our awesome Remodelaholic contributor team, so if you’re interested in joining, please go fill out the application here ASAP!
Hello Remodelaholics! It’s Brynne from The Gathered Home, back with June’s roundup of awesome printable vintage images for you!
I shared 25 vintage bird images with you in April, and 25 gorgeous floral images in May – this month, I’ve pulled together over 25 beautifully detailed vintage aquatic images, from colorful fish to anemones to sea shells!
Free Printable Vintage Aquatic, Ocean and Sea Images
I know I’m always thinking of the ocean in the summertime, what about you?
You can add a little coastal flair to your decor with these fun sea-themed images, whether you switch out a few prints on a gallery wall or decide to display one in a much larger format! (Check out my tutorial here to learn how to prep a vintage image for large format printing!)
To download and print, click on each link to visit the original source for each image.
1. Red Octopus via Bibliodyssey
2. Gothic Fish via Vintage Printable
3. Conch Shells via Biodiversity Heritage Library (I, II)
Visit this Flickr album for over 40 other shell illustrations.
4. Crab via Bibliodyssey
5. Fish from “Natural History of Carolina” via Bibliodyssey (I, II)
20 other highly detailed illustrations in this Flickr set.
6. Coral via Biodiversity Heritage Library
I love the colors in this one!
7. Zoophytes via Bibliodyssey (I, II)
Visit this Flickr set for even more cool educational-style charts like these!
8. Hogfish via Vintage Printable
Doesn’t this guy look so cheerful? I love him.
9. “La Monde de la Mer” via Biodiversity Heritage Library (I, II)
10. Cephalopods via Bibliodyssey
11. Coral via Vintage Printable
12. Golden and Bronze Carp via Biodiversity Heritage Library
13. Parrot Fish via Bibliodyssey
This little guy is one of 16 gorgeous illustrations of East Asian marine life.
14. Colorful Fish via Bibliodyssey
15. Jellyfish via Vintage Printable
16. French Fish Images via Biodiversity Heritage Library
Find over 100 colorful fish images in this Flickr set!
17. Sea Anemones via Vintage Printable
18. Tropical Fish via Bibliodyssey
19. Neapolitan Cephalopods via Bibliodyssey
20. Dolphin Fish via Vintage Printable
21. Starfish via Biodiversity Heritage Library
22. Shells via Bibliodyssey
23. Anemones via Bibliodyssey (I, II)
24. Goldfish via Bibliodyssey
Visit this Flickr set for 20 other vintage fish engravings.
25. Whale via Vintage Printable
I love the yellow background! I think this one could be really fun enlarged!
Who’s ready to start printing?
If you need some inspiration on ways to use vintage aquatic images in your home, you’re in luck because I’ve rounded up some ideas for you!
1. Display an enlarged vintage image in an educational chart format. You could even design your own chart in a photo editing program by compiling different vintage images with labels!
(via Weekday Carnival)
2. Pick one gorgeously detailed image to use as a focal point. The rest of the room doesn’t need to be in a typical lodge or cabin style, either – I love how unexpected the fish is over this mantel, but the colors work perfectly in this room.
(via House Beautiful)
3. A gallery wall is always a classic choice. Group similar images – the collections I’ve shared above are great for this! You can even unify your favorite images with a little basic photo editing (using a program like the free Picmonkey)- make them all black and white or sepia toned for an interesting look.
(via Bungalow Blue Interiors)
I hope you enjoyed this month’s collection! What themes would you like to see in upcoming months?
Don’t forget to check out the entire free printable art collection here
and channel the coastal feel with more beachy inspiration:
Where do you get your images printed to look like the example pictures above? I could print them on my computer, but they don’t look nice enough to frame or display. Thanks!
Hi Eliesa – you can have these images printed at a photo printing place pretty affordably, especially for sizes that fit standard frames like 5×7 or 8×10! For larger sizes, I would shop around online for poster prices, or have it printed as a black and white engineer print somewhere like Staples very cheaply!
This is uber awesome collection – the “beachy” decorating ideas are unsurpassed – WOW – ty
Thank you Dawn! I’m so glad you enjoyed the collection!
I love this collection. We are doing a vintage nautical theme for our daughter’s nursery and I was looking for some cool artwork for her walls.
That sounds awesome, Kristen! If you use any of these printables in the room, I hope you’ll share pictures!
I love all the images.would love to print them for my kids rooms. Would I be able to print some of the images at like staples or kinkos? Do I need a special permit?copy writer permission to do so?
These are all public domain or otherwise free for use, so you should be set to print wherever you’d like.
I love all of your vintage prints. Thank you for sharing.
You’re welcome, Rebecca!