Hi Everyone! It’s Sarah back with another inspiring mood board! Last month I shared some gender neutral nursery inspiration using a very unexpected color, and I’ve also discussed the color of the year and my Do’s and Don’ts for mixing styles. This month I’m talking about a certain style in particular….Modern Coastal.
I’m not sure what the winter was like in your part of the world, but where I live it was brutal! And LONG! As spring approaches, I’ve been dreaming of sand, sun and water, and easy breezy interiors. Relaxed, coastal style is pretty popular these days, but I’m really loving a modern twist to it. Take a look at some of these inspiring Coastal Modern interiors.
via My Home Ideas
via My House My Home
via Atlanta Homes
Dreamy, aren’t they?! Ready to add some Modern Coastal to your home? Lets take another look at the mood board I created using some elements that help define that style.
- Big, Bold Stripes are a must!
- Bright, white painted wood paneling gives the space a breezy, coastal feel.
- Medium tone woods add warmth. Look for unique pieces with rustic touches like the raw-edge table with hairpin legs.
- Modern accent chairs contrast nicely with soft, white couches.
- Abstract art and bold prints make a statement.
- Natural Jute rugs add warmth and texture.
- Oversized Statement lighting creates a focal point.
- Acrylic or lucite pieces create an airy feel and give the space a modern touch. How fabulous is that lucite trunk?!
- And finally, greenery is the easiest way to give your space a coast feel. Try adding a large palm tree to your space and you will find yourself transported straight to the beach!
Thanks again to Cassity and the Remodelaholic team for having me today! I’d love for you to hop over to my blog and have a visit! Make sure to check out more inspiring Mood Boards in my Mood Board Gallery, or check out my round-ups of the latest and greatest trends.
See you next month!
Learn more about how to use an inspiration photo (or ten) to create your dream room