20+ Storage Trunks to Buy and Build
Storage trunks are a great way to add extra storage in plain sight in a beautiful way. There are so many places to add extra storage with the help of a trunk, chest, or bench.
Add more hidden storage with these in-wall ideas, bathroom storage, and more great storage ideas.
Storage Trunks to Buy
Storage is such a useful thing in the home. Having a place for things can help keep clutter and mess at bay. One of our favorite ways to keep blankets, pillows, toys, books, and all the other little things organized is with pretty storage trunks, benches, and chests.
This post contains affiliate links for storage trunks to buy for your convenience. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here. If you can’t see these images it may be your ad blocker (you might need to disable it), or you can check out the list below.
- Cottage Wooden Storage Chest – Walmart
- Rattan Coffee Table with Storage – Wayfair
- Wood Storage Bench – Wayfair
- Wicker Storage Chest – Wayfair
- Solid Wood Lift Top Coffee Table – Wayfair
- Toy Box on Wheels in multiple colors – Wayfair
- Wicker Trunk Set – Walmart
- Walnut Trunk Coffee Table – Wayfair
- Storage Trunk Set – Walmart
- Harmony Toy Box or Storage Trunk – Wayfair
- Mediterranean Coffee Table Trunk – Wayfair
- Farmhouse Storage Trunk – Walmart
- Two Piece Accent Trunk Set – Wayfair
- Tufted Storage Ottoman – Wayfair
- Cube Storage Bench – Walmart
- Meadowside Flip Top Bench – Wayfair
- Acacia Wood Bench – Wayfair
- Wood Storage Chest – Wayfair
- Upholstered Bench with storage – Wayfair
- Dunbarton Storage Bench – Wayfair
- Storage Bench with Cushion and Drawers – World Market
- Wood Bench with Upholstered top – Walmart
Storage Trunks to Build
If you can’t quite find the perfect storage trunk to buy, try one of these ideas to inspire you to build your own storage chest or bench. Some of these ideas are simple and could be painted, stained, or dressed up in different ways.
- Geometric Storage Box by Shark Tails for Remodelaholic
- Plywood Storage Chest by Woodshop Diaries for Remodelaholic
- Rolling Plywood Storage Box
- Banquette Bench with Storage, Learn more about building one here
Inspiration Rooms with Storage Trunks
See storage trunks in action in these beautiful home show inspiration photos.
Adding a trunk at the end of a bed is a great spot for extra clothing storage, and a place to sit while putting on socks, or getting dressed.
Go comfy with a cushioned storage chest at the foot of the bed.
They work great in kid bedrooms too. The perfect place to keep all the extra toys. And they can add a fun element of design or pop of color.
Living rooms are another great place to add some extra storage. They also can do double duty as an ottoman or coffee table. There are great options in an upholstered look.
Or go with a wicker one. Either type work well with a cute tray on top to corral all decor or books.
This storage bench is built-in, but this is a great idea for an entryway or mudroom. Add a storage trunk with a cushion and pillows for a place to put on shoes, and store essentials.
Now build a pallet tray or hexagon tray for on top of a storage trunk. Then learn how to style it like a coffee table too.
Please pin this post for later: