For your convenience, this post contains affiliate links, which allow us to continue providing you lots of decorating and DIY ideas at no cost to you. Learn more here.
1. Pinocchio Birthday Party Ideas
The story of the wooden puppet that came to life after lots of bad decisions and tribulations is a great life lesson for any little kid. Plus, puppets are fun! For Lucas’s 4th birthday party, his parents threw him a Pinocchio-themed birthday party with a cake with a puppet topper, drinks with straws that poke through Pinocchio’s face just like a long nose, and vintage wooden toys for the kids to play with. Check out these pictures for some great Disney party ideas for a Pinocchio party!
Some more ideas for a Pinocchio-themed party:
- Set up a puppet show with a puppet theater (like this one, or DIY one yourself for under $5) and some fun puppets. You could perform a show for the kids and then let the kids take over!
- Incorporate all the different settings that are in the story: the inside of a whale’s belly, a circus, and the wishing star. The kids will enjoy recognizing all these things from the movie!
- If your birthday boy or girl is young and willing, you could dress him/her as Pinocchio!
- Play a pin-on-the-Pinocchio game with donkey ears and tail. Or a long nose!
- For a little bit older kids there is a fun game where you’re own nose grows if you are caught not being truthful.
2. Bambi Birthday Party Ideas
For kids who love animals, Bambi is a magical story that teaches about friendship, love, and family. You’ve got to see this sweet Bambi-themed birthday party for a little girl that’s filled with details that make this party special. A table is turned into a little forest with the help of two big branches that are pushed through two holes on the table, which is a clever idea! There’s a drink dispenser in the shape of a honeybee hive, tiny deer figures scattered around the food, cookies cut out and decorated in the image of deers, and fun deer masks for guests to wear.
Here are some more ideas for a Bambi-themed party:
- Host the party in a park that’s near lots of trees, so it feels like the party is in a forest.
- Bring in a traveling petting zoo with all kinds of baby animals, from bunnies to chicks.
- Incorporate all the animals included in the movie: skunks, rabbits, owls, possums, moles, and of course, does, fawns, and stags.
- Decorate with lots of flowers, either paper or real ones. Who can forget that scene with Flower, the skunk? Check out this great video on how to make paper flowers from A4 paper.
3. Peter Pan Birthday Party Ideas
Peter Pan is such a fun movie if you really think about it. It has pirates! Fairies! The ability to fly! Crocodiles! And more! Check out this great Peter Pan-themed birthday party hosted by Jamie, who amped up the fun at her son’s party by having all the guests dress up as characters from the movie. She also decorated her home in green streamers and balloons to resemble Neverland and served all kinds of yummy treats. They even had a treasure hunt for a treasure chest pinata!
Need more ideas for a Peter Pan-themed birthday party? Here you go:
- Give out pirate hooks to every guest for added fun!
- Bring in a moonwalk inflatable so kids can jump and pretend to fly! A trampoline would work, too.
- Have a pillow fight just like they do in the beginning of the movie!
- If you have a dog, dress it up as Nana.
4. Alice in Wonderland Birthday Party Ideas
Filled with memorable characters and a crazy storyline, Alice in Wonderland is definitely a classic favorite. And it’s a great theme for a birthday party, as evidenced by this adorable birthday party co-hosted by Patty Liu. Check out the fun rice krispie treats decorated as playing cards, tiny food with tags that say “drink me” and “eat me,” giant playing cards and flowers as decor, a pin-the-smile-on-the-Cheshire-Cat game, and so much more.
Still looking for more ideas for an Alice in Wonderland birthday party? Try these:
- Decorate the entryway of your home to make it look like a big tunnel. When guests come in, tell them they’re falling down the tunnel and they’ll arrive at Wonderland.
- Have a tea party! Decorate the table with fun plates and pass out crazy hats for everyone to wear.
- Dress up as the White Rabbit and carry around a watch, tell everyone when it’s time to move on to a new activity, like cake time!
- Play a fun game of croquet at the backyard.
5. Cinderella Birthday Party Ideas
You can’t get any more classic Disney than Cinderella. The pumpkin-turned-carriage, the fairy godmother, the evil stepsisters, the lost glass slipper, and the helpful mice are all elements of a truly great kids’ movie. A Cinderella-themed birthday party, like this one by Elisa for her daughter Bella, is sure to be a fun-filled time! This sweet party included magic wands (pretzel rods covered in icing and blue sprinkles), pumpkin centerpieces, tiny figurines of characters from the movie, a Cinderella photo booth, wraps that look like royal invitations, a tiara for every guest, a pumpkin carriage-painting party, a makeup booth, and a freeze dance game to the Cinderella theme music! Wow, what a party!
I can’t beat the ideas in this party, but here are a couple more, just for fun:
- Cookies in the shape of glass slippers, mouses, and/or pumpkin carriages.
- If you have a friend who owns mice, hamsters, gerbils, or similar animals, bring them in for a fun petting session!
- Create a scavenger hunt for your guests to discover the lost glass slipper.
Of course, a trip to Disneyland would be the ultimate party. If you are lucky enough to be planning a trip soon and want to get a good discount on Park tickets and your hotel stay be sure to check out Get Away Today. We always book through them. Use promo code REMODEL when you book!
Isn’t it amazing how a good movie can turn into a great birthday party? Have you attended a Disney birthday party or hosted one? Share your best Disney party ideas in the comments!
“I’m Elisa and I live in Austin, Texas with my husband and our two little girls. I used to teach reading and writing, but now I stay at home with my two kiddos and read and write in my spare time. I also love to undertake DIY projects, find new recipes on Pinterest, and dream about someday finally completing our home. Above all, I love to learn about new things and sharing my new-found knowledge with others.” Please check out my blog What the Vita!”
More Disney inspiration: