Today I am thankful for a job(well, my husbands job). When his office all but shut down almost a year and a half ago now, and he got laid off it was a frightening experience. We were surprisingly able to be cheerful, which saved us I think for utter fear and despair. I realize that the Lord blessed us by the bucket load, and the hardships were not as hard as it could have been, but we definitely relied on Him daily. I just would be so ungrateful if I didn’t realize what a blessing it is to have a job right now. I hope that you are as blessed in this time of hardship for our whole country, I guess the world, and if you are going through a job loss, I hope that you too will be blessed.
Well, it seems to me that thanksgiving decor is almost impossible to find. Don’t get me wrong, I guess there are cornucopias and the like, but the stores go from Halloween candy to Christmas baubles in mid October… So, by the time I started thinking I wanted some Thanksgiving decor nothing was there.
Also looking on line, it seems that there are only table setting ideas, or fall ideas. So, when I stumbled across this idea on Tatertots and Jello I thought, I could do that.
6 similar sized, and colored frames (dollar store)
3 sheets of fall colored scrap book paper
The word “thanks” printed out in a large format, with the cool font of your choice for cutting out.
Some fall leaves (I got some at the dollar store/or you could grab some from your yard?)
- Purchase frames, and get your supplies together.
- Decide what font you like.
- Type the word THANKS out on the computer, (I did 350 pnt font at least)
- Print the words out onto white card stock (you could just print them onto the scrapbook paper, but that gives you less options when arranging and finishing it up)
- Cut each individual letter out
- Layout the frames in an order you like, rearranging til it looks good.
- Decide what scrap book paper you in each frame.
- Cut the scrapbook paper to fit frame.
- Lay out the paper and letters on top to see how it all looks
- Add leaves where ever you like them
- Glue in place ( I used hot glue for the leaves, because the glue stick wasn’t working. But I just used the glue stick for the letters)
“The unthankful heart… discovers no mercies;
but let the thankful heart sweep through the day and,
as the magnet finds the iron, so it will find,
in every hour, some heavenly blessings!”
-Henry Ward Beecher