Looking for a breakfast to make Mom this Mother’s Day? Treat her to these natural and organic pancakes with bacon in them! We know she’ll approve of the popular maple and bacon flavor pairing, and so will you!
Bacon Cornbread Pancakes
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/3 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- Pure maple syrup
- Cook bacon in a skillet until crisp, and crumble.
- Combine cornmeal mix, flour, sugar, and crumbled bacon in a medium bowl.
- Whisk together buttermilk, eggs, and 4 tablespoons oil in another bowl.
- Add to cornmeal mixture, stirring until blended.
- Brush a large nonstick skillet with 1 tablespoon oil; heat over medium heat.
- Pour about 1/2 cup batter onto hot skillet for each pancake.
- Cook until tops are covered with bubbles.
- Turn and cook other side until golden brown.
- Serve with syrup.