Here’s the ultimate comfort food, equally as good for a special occasion brunch like Mother’s Day as for dinner. Try it!
Shrimp and Grits
- 1 cup quick-cooking grits
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 cup white wine (or sub chicken broth)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Cook grits according to package directions. Stir in Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons butter and garlic salt.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes or until crisp. Remove bacon, reserving drippings in skillet. Crumble and set aside.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon butter to skillet over medium heat. Add bell pepper, green onion, garlic and Creole seasoning; cook 2 minutes. Add wine; cook 2 minutes or until wine evaporates. Increase heat to medium-high. Add shrimp, and cook 3 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink. Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve shrimp over grits; top each serving with crumbled bacon.
Special thanks to eMeals for submitting this and other great recipes, inspired by characters from the film Mom’s Night Out! Check them out below!