Mom will love this berry-almond breakfast quinoa to start off this Mother’s Day. Surprise mom with this healthy fare, and let the kids help slice the strawberries.
Berry-Almond Breakfast Quinoa
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 4 teaspoons honey
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Combine milk, cinnamon and vanilla in a small saucepan; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes or until warm.
- Divide quinoa evenly among 4 breakfast bowls; pour warm flavored milk over quinoa.
- Top with strawberries and almonds.
- Drizzle with honey.
Special thanks to eMeals for submitting this and other great recipes, inspired by characters from the film Mom’s Night Out! Check them out below!