Ok, here it is! I am so exciting to share this reveal with you today. This project took FOREVER, but a nice laundry room really does make the chore of doing laundry more enjoyable.
Can you believe it is the same room?
Color: Valspar Meadowlands Green
Color: Valspar Sunwash
(this was the tricky and time consuming part)
1. Lightly spray the back of your stencil with a spray adhesive to prevent the paint from bleeding around the edges of the stencil and attach to the wall using painter’s tape.
2. Use a stiff stenciling brush and apply paint using a dry brush technique.
(especially for textured walls, like ours)
3. Dab your brush in the paint, then blot the excess paint off on a napkin.
(this will keep your edges sharp)
4. Apply a thin layer of paint to stencil, dabbing the stencil with your brush.
5. Allow the first coat of paint to dry, and repeat as necessary before moving your stencil.
6. Move the stencil vertically, or horizontally, overlapping the pattern as you move around the room. Periodically check your stencil with a level to keep your pattern and stencil straight.
(it took forever)
6. Install New Flooring
(click here for that post)
and FINALLY THE BIG REVEAL!
Did you notice I did not stencil the back of the shelves?
I thought the pattern needed offset by a little solid, so I left the back of the shelves
and the wall where the door is located solid green.
I felt the pattern would be too overwhelming if every inch of the room was covered.
What do you think? I think it is now my favorite room in the house…which is not bad for a laundry room!