Put a spin on your weeknight chicken dish with this delicious chicken cacciatore!
- 4 chicken breasts (~5 oz each), boneless skinless
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 8 oz white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons capers, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 can (28 oz) no salt added diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 °F
- In a large ovenproof pan, heat 1 Tablespoon of the olive oil over medium high heat. Season chicken breasts with sea salt and pepper and brown on both sides in the hot oil.
- Remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining 1 Tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and onion and brown, about 5 minutes. Add the peppers and garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Deglaze the pan with the wine and allow to simmer about 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and capers. Return the chicken to the pan and bring to boil.
- Transfer your pan to the oven and bake, uncovered, for about 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Before serving, sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve with Italian-cut green beans seasoned with garlic and basil.
Special thanks to BistroMD for sharing this dish with us!