If you’re looking to put a modern twist on a classic tuna salad, try this beautiful Mediterranean tuna salad. This no-cook recipe will add a pinch of pizazz to your meal!
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- 2 cans (5oz each) Wild Planet Wild Albacore Tuna, undrained
- 1 jar (6oz) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 can (15.5oz) chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata or other olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil or oregano, or 1 tsp dried
- 3 Tbsp capers, drained
- Juice of one lemon
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Place tuna and juices from the cans into a large bowl. Flake with a fork to separate tuna into bite size pieces.
- Add artichoke hearts, chick peas, red bell pepper, olives, red onion, parsley, carrots, basil or oregano, capers, and lemon juice to bowl.
- Mix gently to combine all ingredients.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and vinegar; season with sea salt and pepper.
- Pour over tuna salad and stir to combine.
Thanks to Wild Planet Foods for sharing this delicious and beautiful dish!