Hello to all of Remodelaholic’s friends! It’s Ruthie from What’s Cooking with Ruthie.com and I’m SO happy to be here with all of you!
At our house we love banana’s- in fact I have to keep them stocked up just like milk or my kids think it’s time to go to the store! BUT, every once in awhile… some of our banana’s get a little too ripe.
I like to save the over-ripe ones to make these Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Banana Cookies!
Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Banana Cookies Recipe
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbsp butter, softened
- 6 Tbsp neufatchel cream cheese
- 1/2 C granulated sugar
- 1/2 C brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 C mashed overripe banana (approx 1)
- 1 C old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 C milk chocolate chips
- 1 C cinnamon chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl; combine dry ingredients.
- In a large mixing bowl; combine butter, cream cheese and sugar.
- Add egg, vanilla, and banana; mix well.
- Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Hand stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Using a large cookie scoop, drop onto sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly golden and set.
* I adapted and skinnied this cookie recipe from Six Sisters’ Stuff.com
Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies are the perfect recipe to use up those over-ripe bananas!
I hope you all love these cookies as much as we do… they freeze really well too!
Here are a couple of other recipes that you may enjoy from www.whatscookingwithruthie.com
|Mexican Cornbread Pie||Nutella 5 Chip Cookies|
I love visiting to share recipes with you each month… thanks so much for having me!