Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
Start making your coconut flour biscuits by shifting the dry ingredient into a large bowl. Next, add the eggs and softened coconut oil to the bowl and mix with a hand mixer. Then add the grated garlic, minced scallions and herbs and mix well with a spatula. As an alternative to scallions and herbs, you can add cheese and bacon or cinnamon and honey instead.
Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out about 2 tablespoons of biscuit mix, form it into a ball, and place the ball on the parchment lined baking sheet. This recipe should yield 12 coconut flour biscuits.
Bake your biscuits in a 375 F oven for 12 to 14 minutes, or till the tops are golden brown. Let them cool for about 10 minutes before serving. If you have any leftovers, you can store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. We hope you enjoy these biscuits as much as we do!
Coconut Flour Biscuits with Scallions and Herbs
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil softened but not melted
- 3 cloves of garlic grated or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons scallions/green onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped herb of choice cilantro, parsley, dill, thyme, rosemary are all excellent choices
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or Sil-Pad.
- In a large bowl sift the coconut flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the softened coconut oil and eggs.
- Using a hand mixer or a stand mixture, mix till the mixture looks moist and crumbly, like wet sand.
- Add the grated garlic, minced scallions and herbs and mix well with a spatula.
- Using an ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, scoop out about 2 tablespoon of biscuit mix and form into a ball and place on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake in a 375 F oven for 12 to 14 minutes, or till the tops are golden.
- Let biscuits cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 2 days. Freeze up to 6 months.