Long time no recipe! Okay, well I think everybody that has tired Nutella, can testify to it’s yumminess. And I for one, LOVE the flavor! We see a lot of fun Nutella recipes floating around out there, and I am totally excited to share this one that I created just last month! Caramel Nutella Chex Mix. (this would also work perfectly with popcorn)
I’ll fill you in on the back story a bit. Last summer I found out about caramel popcorn (late bloomer I guess). But specifically, I mean the crisp crunchy kind, (my mom made the chewy kind, but I never liked it, sorry Mom!). So when I discovered how to make this awesome Cinnamon Bun Popcorn it was like a whole new world was opened up to me. I have been fooling around with the recipe ever since.
And this recipe is a play on the popcorn, only using Chex cereal instead (there was a killer sale this fall on Chex cereal, like 1.25 a box, but you had to buy a minimum of four to get the deal… I bought 12 oops. I still have some, (go figure!)
Caramel Nutella Chex Mix
|10- 12 cups of Chex Cereal (or air popped popcorn)|
|1/2 cup Brown Sugar|
|1/4 cup corn Syrup|
|1/2 cup butter|
|3/4 cup Nutella|
|1 tsp. vanilla|
|1/2 tsp. baking soda|
1. Pour Chex cereal (or plain popped popcorn) into a large bowl. Set aside. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. In a medium to large sized microwave safe bowl, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup and butter. Heat for 30 seconds on high to combine. Stir quickly just to combine, heat again for 2 minutes.
3. Add the Nutella into the Mix and stir till completely combined. Then heat again for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes in microwave till all bubbly and doubled in size.
4. Remove from microwave and add vanilla and baking soda.
5. slowly and evenly pour over Chex cereal in large bowl, and toss until all pieces are coated.
6. Spread out evenly on a foil lined jelly roll.
7. Bake 1 – 1 1/2 hours. Stirring every 15 minutes, being sure to break up large chunks when you stir. Allow to cool and stir in an airtight container.
Please do not publish this recipe on any other sites without written permission. Please feel free to link to my recipe.
These would be great for a movie night with friends (cuz you don’t want to eat the whole bag yourself!!!) Please check out these other (similar) great recipes, click on the image or the text under it.
Fudge Brownies with Nutella Frosting
Pumpkin Spice Whoopie Pies with Nutella Frosting
Quick Microwave Nutella S’mores
Classic Muddy Buddies
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.