Creative Elf on the Shelf Ideas
9 Creative Poses for the Elf on the Shelf
- Sitting in front of the laptop watching a holiday video on YouTube
- Making a snow angel in the kitchen with baking flour
- Stuck inside the cardboard tube of a roll of toilet paper that has been rolled down the stairs
- Fishing in the kitchen sink (craft a “rod” of a pretzel stick and some dental floss and float some goldfish crackers in the sink)
- Hanging from the string of a helium balloon
- Sneaking a drink of something sweet (hang the elf upside down from his knees on a shelf, with his mouth positioned next to a bottle with a straw sticking out)
- In the freezer, wearing a scarf (a bit of cloth works well)
- Playing a board game with some of your child’s other dolls or action figures
- Taking a “bubble bath” (position the elf in the bathroom sink and cover it with mini marshmallows and place a washcloth “towel” on the edge)
What are your favorite ideas for the Elf on the Shelf?
Julianne Puckett is the creator of Yankee Kitchen Ninja, a blog about what she calls “stealthy homemaking” — healthy recipes that are quick and easy to prepare, DIY gardening tips and the occasional craft project. A designer, writer and former suburban-dwelling IT professional, she lives in rural Vermont, where she struggles to balance the siren call of her inner farmer with her love of cute shoes and cocktails.
Featured Image and Title Image via Amazon.
Here are other fun Holiday ideas: