If you remember from a couple of weeks ago, I shared with youheremany different crafts I was hoping to dip my feet into this summer. One of them (the most time consuming project) was one that I finally tackled this past weekend.
Introducing the monogrammed button pillow!
It was easy to make, just very time consuming…
Here’s what you need to make your own:
1. A pillow form (I went with the 12×16 form)
2. Fabric (for my size pillow I went 3/4 a yard)
3. Buttons (I got mine off etsy)
4. A print out of the letter you’re going to be monograming
5. A washable fabric marker
6. Thread and a needle (I used an embroidery needle)
Now the how to…
1. After cutting your fabric (I do the envelop pillow sham so I cut 3 pieces of fabric), take the front piece of fabric and using your print out and your marker, trace your letter onto the fabric. It should look like this when you’re done:
2. After you’ve traced your letter, take your threaded needle and begin arranging and sewing your buttons onto your fabric:
3. After you finished sewing on all your buttons, take a q-tip and some water and rub it onto the fabric to wash off the marker you used to form your letter. It should easily come off with a little scrubbing.
4. If you’re making an envelope pillow sham cover like I did, you should have cut your fabric into 3 pieces. I cut mine into the following sizes: 13×17 <–front, 13×13 and 13×9 <— the 2 back pieces that make the envelope sham. I then hemmed the 13″ sides of the 2 back pieces to finish them off.
5. I took all of my 3 pieces and pinned them together right sides facing each other:
6. After pinning them together I sewed a 1/2 inch seam attaching all three pieces together:
7. After you’ve finished sewing the pieces together, turn it right-side out and admire your work:
Can you do this? YES! This was NOT hard and I have complete confidence in you! 🙂 If you have any questions, please feel free to email me! I can’t wait to see your very own monogrammed pillow!
I love monograms and the texture of the buttons is really cool. What do you think?
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.
>I LOVE buttons! That's a great idea.
>Oh my goodness, I absolutely adore that pillow! The buttons are so cute!
Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and saying hi. I appreciate every single loving comment left there for me, I really do : ). I would be honored if you featured my curtains, too!! Thank you!
Hope you're having a blessed week so far. Nice "meeting" you!
>I am a button fan as well. Being lazy, I will definitely be trying out that button-sewing feature on the machine when I get to trying this out!
>Thanks so much for the feature, Cassity! I love your blog and I'm SO honored that I've had a project featured on here! Woo-hoo! 🙂
>This is a great project – I definitely want to make one of my own!
>This pillow is adorable!