Want dinner with a kick? Try this super flavorful dragonfly chicken tonight!
Recipe Type: Chicken & Poutlry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded & chopped
- 2 teaspoons mince garlic
- 1 tablespoon onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 boneless chicken breast fillets, trimmed[br][br]
- [b]Pineapple Pico de Gallo[/b]
- 2 medium tomatoes, (diced)
- 1/2 cup canned pineapple, (chopped)
- 1/2 cup (diced) red onion
- 2 tablespoons (minced) cilantro
- 4 teaspoons minced jalapenos
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt[br][br]
- [b]Kung Pao BBQ Sauce:[/b]
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely minced ginger[br][br]
- [b]Coconut Jasmine Rice:[/b]
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- To make the rice, bring the coconut milk and chicken stock to a boil, then add the rice and cook for 1 minute covered. Turn the heat to low and let it steam for 20 minutes or until the rice is a little fluffy.
- To prepare the marinade, combine all of the ingredients into a blender on blend on high for 1 minute. Pound chicken breast to about 1/2″ with a mallet and combine with marinade in a zip-lock bag for 2 to 3 hours.
- To make the delicious pineapple Pico de Gallo, combine all of the ingredients and store them in a covered container in the fridge until you’re ready to use them later on.
- To make the Kung Pao BBQ sauce, combine all of the ingredients into a small saucepan over medium heat. When the mixture starts to bubble, reduce the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Cover sauce until needed.
- When the chicken is done marinating, preheat the grill to a medium heat. Wipe the marinade from the chicken and grill for 5 to 6 minutes per side. Serve the chicken drizzled with Kung Pow BBQ sauce and Pico de Gallo on the side.
Thank you to BistroMD for sharing this yummy dish!
Remodelaholic is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Please see our full disclosure here.