These strawberry meringue cookies are deliciously fluffy and sweet, perfect for a weekend treat. Add chocolate chips or swap the Jello flavor to make a different color and taste.
Strawberry Meringue Cookies
I have a new obsession, meringues!
I’ve been making them since September and there is everything to love and only one thing to hate (they don’t fill you up, so you can eat them in record numbers- beware). Since it is almost the valentine season, I figured it was time for some lovey-dovey desserts… Don’t you think? Well these pink little pillows are easy to make, delicious to eat and perfectly valentine pink!
Strawberry Meringue CookiesPrint Recipe
- 4 egg white room temperature
- 1/4 cup Strawberry Jell-O
- small pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. vinegar
- 1 cup Semi sweet chocolate chips
- Sprinkles of choice
- In a stand mixer with whisk attachment add egg whites, salt, sugar and Jell-O. Mix on slow for about 30 seconds to help dissolve sugar.
- Once the sugar is mostly dissolved, turn the mixer onto medium high and whisk until the egg whites form stiff peaks.
- Add vinegar, and mix for 10 seconds on low, add chocolate chips and mix one more time for about 20 seconds.
- Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Spoon or pipe the batter onto the cookie sheet, and sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Bake at 350 for 9 minutes, rotate the cookie sheet and bake for an additional 9 minutes.
More delicious strawberry recipes
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.