Looking for a delicious, easy, AND healthy dinner? Try these amazing stuffed bell peppers! Filled with juicy ground turkey and rice, you won’t be disappointed.
Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut off, and seeds cleaned out and discarded
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 lb ground turkey (or beef)
- 1 1/2 c cooked brown rice (or 3/4 c raw instant rice)
- 2 c diced tomatoes (fresh or canned)
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 c ketchup
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire
- dash of Tabasco
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Bring a pot of water to boil, while you prepare peppers. Add cored peppers, and keep submerged for about 3 minutes. Remove from water.
- Drizzle the insides lightly with olive oil. Place in a baking dish with 1/4-1/2 c water in bottom of pan.
- Heat skillet over medium heat. Add olive oil, onion and garlic. Remove from heat and add the tomatoes, meat, rice and oregano, mix well, and stuff inside of peppers.
- Mix together the ketchup, Worcestershire, and Tabasco in a small bowl. Pour a spoonful over each pepper.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until the internal temperature of stuffing reaches 150-160 degrees.