Welcome yummy fall flavors with a delicious, non-traditional fall dessert! This sweet potato custard pie just might knock pumpkin off it’s pedestal!
Sweet Potato Custard Pie
- 1 cup mashed, cooked sweet potato
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 2/3 cups milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh orange rind
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, milk, eggs, salt, ginger, and orange rind into cooked sweet potato.
- Turn into unbaked pastry shell and bake for 1 hour or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- If desired, serve warm with 1 cup of heavy cream whipped with 1/4 cup brandy.
Thanks to Allen Dikker and Potatopia for submitting this great recipe. Check out more of their potato recipes below!