It’s finally soup season! Enjoy a meal of delicious comfort food at home with this creamy potato bacon cheese soup.
Potato Bacon Cheese Soup
- 4 cups water
- 6 thick slices of bacon
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- 20 ounces chicken broth
- 4 tablespoons chicken soup base
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 3 large carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, chopped small
- 2 stalks celery, chopped small (large)
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 lb processed cheese
- 1/2 lb cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 lb Swiss cheese, grated
- Peel and prepare vegetables.
- Cook bacon in a skillet. Once cool, crumble into small pieces and set aside.
- In a large cooking pot, add water, salt, chicken broth, chicken soup base, black pepper, carrots, potatoes, onions and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender; stirring occasionally.
- Add celery, sweet red pepper and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Gradually add mayonnaise to hot soup, whisking until smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium and add bacon, processed cheese, sharp cheddar cheese, and Swiss cheese and simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese melts and soup is creamy; stirring constantly.
- Let soup sit for 15 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle bacon and cheese on top if desired.
Thanks to Allen Dikker and Potatopia for submitting this great recipe. Check out more of their potato recipes below!