Embrace the beautiful fall season with beautiful fall comfort food! Start with these creamy and delicious pumpkin mashed potatoes!
Pumpkin Mashed Potatoes
- 1 pound medium baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter or tub-style vegetable oil spread
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- In a covered large saucepan, cook potatoes and garlic in enough boiling water to cover for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender; drain.
- Mash with a potato masher or beat with an electric mixer on low speed until nearly smooth.
- Beat in canned pumpkin, cream cheese, butter, 1/4 teaspoon salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Gradually add milk, beating until light and fluffy.
- Return to saucepan; heat through.
- If desired, spoon mashed potatoes into Miniature Pumpkin Bowls and garnish with sage leaves.
Thanks to Allen Dikker and Potatopia for submitting this great recipe. Check out more of their potato recipes below!