Easy DIY Rustic Wooden Display Shelf
Glad to be back, this is Betty from Oheverythinghandmade.com and today I’ll be sharing how I made this “Rustic Wooden Display“. I love any type of wall organizers and displays so this DIY came in handy because my nail polish collection is growing quickly.
You can also use this display for essential oils, spice jars or to display any type of small collectibles. What would you use it for? See the modifications for my essential oil shelf here.
If you are intimidated by most DIY’s, this one will be very simple to complete. All you need are 2 pieces of 1×2’s, wood glue, hammer, measurement tape, clamps and a few 2″ nails.
DIY Rustic Wooden Display Shelf
Materials and tools you need to create today’s display:
Rustic Wooden Display Instructions:
- Cut the boards yourself with a miter saw or have the boards cut at the store to the dimensions of your liking.
- I got mine cut at the store to measure 2 pieces at 21″ and 5 pieces at 18″.
- Use wood glue on each end-piece and clamp them for a few minutes.
- Measure 4″ down and add another 18″ wooden board.
- Use glue and 2″ nails to attach the board(s).
- Once the inner boards are attached, remove the clamps and add them closer to the center. Add nails to the first board (where the clamp was placed) and let the wood glue dry for 20-30 minutes.
- Once the display has dried, apply stain (optional) or paint.
- To finish the display, attach wall hooks and hang your new Rystic Wooden Display Shelf.
Beautiful shelf and seems easy to make. You could use 1×3’s or even 1×4’s if you needed deeper storage. LOVE the stain you used.
Rustic wooden shelf display beads! Now if I had an empty wall!