Here’s a recipe that is easy to make and perfect for Thanksgiving and the upcoming holiday season! This pistachio cranberry sauce is nutritious, gluten free, vegan, and something you will want to make all year long.
Pistachio Cranberry Sauce
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup packed organic brown sugar*
- 1 large cinnamon stick
- 10 oz fresh or frozen organic cranberries (2 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice and zest of 1/2 lemon
- Dash sea salt
- 1/4 cup Setton Farms roasted, shelled Pistachio Kernels (roughly chopped)*
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries*
- Heat a 2 quart sauce pot and add water and brown sugar. Bring to simmer over medium heat and add cinnamon stick, fresh or frozen cranberries, lemon juice and zest, and sea salt. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Simmer covered until berries burst and sauce thickens, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick and add in diced pistachios and dried cranberries. Cook about 1-2 minutes uncovered and remove from heat.
- Serve warm or allow to cool, then refrigerate sauce over night.
- Pistachio cranberry sauce can be made up to 3 days ahead.
Thanks to Spork Foods for sharing this yummy recipe!