Is winter over yet? We got snowed in, while we were out of town at the home show last weekend in a place where it usually doesn’t snow. I am so over it. I heard the groundhog didn’t see his shadow, so let’s hope that is good news. In the meantime we will just keep on shoveling the snow… but at least we will be doing it in style with our electric snow shovel partner for today’s post Greenworks!! Be sure to check out the end of the post for info on a great giveaway with three winners!
So, I know last time we talked, we mentioned we were getting the snow blower and I am still so excited to try it, but while we are waiting for the ever popular snow blower (which is out of stock) Greenworks sent us a battery operated snow shovel to try out.
How does this work you might ask?
It is super easy to operate, just push the trigger button to start the motor and you’re off!
Simply, push the spinning snow blower along your driveway and you will be shocked how far this baby throws the snow!
As a side note, you should know this snow was NOT powder! It was VERY wet and very heavy and it still cleared the driveway very fast and efficiently! There was a full two inches of slush at the bottom, so it definitely had lots of power! I was really impressed with the battery strength for so easily clearing such dense (heavy) snow!
My husband was out “shoveling” and our neighbor was super interested in this new electric snow shovel! It is just such a cool tool! We’ve really never seen anything like it. I would liken it to a weed wacker (in that the handle etc is very similar) but you run it along the driveway to clear your path!
My husbands favorite features:
- Battery powered – I love battery powered tools.
- Clean to use and work with.
- Doesn’t smell bad because it’s not gas powered.
- Easy to start It starts immediately!!
- The battery is a big 60 volt and will last long enough to get the job done.
- It looks cool – I know looks aren’t everything but this looks cool enough to turn my neighbors heads as they are driving by or shoveling their own driveway.
- Powerful – With 2″ of wet snow it was quite powerful. It was throwing the snow over 30′ at times. It’s designed to throw the snow far enough out of the way of your cleaning path. Sidenote, if you have a long driveway you would need to go from side to side.
- Standing upright. – I can stand upright without having to bend over like I do when shoveling.
We love that these tools are built for everyone to use:
- They are easy to use for all family members (that are old enough to work with power tools!)
- No tedious tune ups or running to the store to buy gas, or get the right mix of gas
- Lightweight and easy to operate
- Better for the environment- cutting down on greenhouse emissions
- And functionally, there are three levels of tools to meet the needs of your home!
Three lucky people are going to win $300 each towards Greenworks tools of their choosing! All the details on how to do that are below!
• To enter, simply jump over to the Greenworks tools Instagram site and follow them.
• Then ‘like’ the giveaway image (similar to the above image) and you’re entered.
• Want more chances to win? Simply tag a friend in their Instagram post. Every friend you tag gains you another entry. So like the photo and tag 1o friends, you get 11 entries. Tag 15 friends and you get 16 chances to win! See how that works!?
The contest winners will be picked on 3/1 at 3 pm EST. Tag as many as you want until then. May the luckiest of ducks win, and we can’t wait to share more with you about these fun tools!
Be sure to check out the Greenworks tools at your local Lowes, especially this electric snow shovel! Good Luck!