Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
This post contains affiliate links. Find our full policy and disclosure here.
Are you ready to take your traditional rice krispies to the next level? Then you have to make these delicious and festive fall candy corn rice krispies. Kids and adults alike are sure to love them.
To achieve the festive candy corn topping on these treats, you're going to use several different types of Wilton Candy Melts: candy corn, orange, and yellow. Be sure to get some candy corn (we love Brach's) to add to the top of the rice krispies squares.
Melt the candy corn flavor Wilton Candy Melts first and spread a thin layer over the entire pan of rice krispies. To get the Brach's candy corn to stick to the rice krispies squares, be sure to add them before the candy corn candy melt layer is fully hardened.
Finish off the squares by melting the orange and yellow candy melts. Drizzle each of these melts across the rice krispies for some extra pizazz and flavor. Now you're ready to enjoy these festive fall treats!
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 10 oz. bags of marshmallows
- 10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1 tablespoon solid shortening
- 3/4 cup Wilton candy corn flavored chocolate melts
- 3/4 cup Brach's candy corn
- 1/4 cup Wilton orange chocolate melts
- 1/4 cup Wilton yellow chocolate melts
- Spray a 9x13 pan with a non-stick coating spray and set aside.
- In a large pan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal until evenly coated.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to your prepared pan and press down firmly to even out.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- In a microwave safe bowl, microwave the solid shortening for 45 seconds. Add the Wilton candy corn melts and stir until completely melted and smooth. (Depending on the wattage of your microwave, you may have to microwave in additional 10 second increments until melted).
- Using a spatula, spread a thin layer of the melted candy corn chocolate on top of the Rice Krispies treats.
- Before the candy corn chocolate hardens, sprinkle candy corn on top and place in refrigerator for 10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden quickly.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the orange chocolate melts in 20 second increments until completely melted. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted orange chocolate on top of the candy corn treats.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the yellow chocolate melts in 20 second increments until completely melted. Using a spoon, drizzle the melted yellow chocolate on top of the candy corn treats.
- Cut into even squares and ENJOY!