Think back to campfires and scorched marshmallows on sticks. Trying to capture the gooey marshmallow insides between your graham crackers, all without losing your little piece of chocolate. It was fun, it was messy, and it was delicious. Now here’s a recipe to give you all that great taste, but in easy to handle mini s’mores pies.
With this recipe, I can have these delectable little bites without leaving the comfort of my home. Graham cracker crust, smooth chocolate, and gooey marshmallow topping, all made possible in my happy little kitchen. All the deliciousness of campfire s’mores without having to sleep on the ground! We’ll just camp in our beds and eat s’mores pies.
I’ve never met anyone who didn’t like s’mores. I’m sure they’re out there somewhere, but not in my world. The graham cracker – chocolate – marshmallow combination is one that is hard to top. And it’s so simple!
This recipe is one that just about anyone can follow to perfection. In fact, it isn’t that far off from s’mores made over the fire. The big difference is that these are gorgeous and you usually don’t wind up with a charred marshmallow on your pants.
Whether you’re making these for dessert at home or serving them at a party (how cute would these be for a camping birthday party?), the results will be the same. Resounding cries of, “I want s’more” will be the refrain. I know how corny that is, but I couldn’t resist.
Camping might not be for everyone, but mini s’mores pies are an entirely different story!
Mini S'mores Pies
- Sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 8 chocolate bars broken into pieces
- 1 jar marshmallow cream
- 1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a cupcake pan. Mix sugar cookie dough with cookie crumbs. Any sugar cookie recipe or store bought dough will work.
- 2) Fill the cupcake pan ¾ of the way full with dough to form mini pie crusts. Grease the back of a tablespoon sized measuring spoon and press it into the center of each cupcake tin to form a well.
- 3) Bake the crusts for 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven, use the measuring spoon again to press down the center of each crush.
- 4) While the crusts are still hot fill each crust with 4 pieces of chocolate bar. Let melt and them smooth with the back of the measuring spoon.
- 5) Fill a piping bag or freezer bag with marshmallow cream and cut off the tip. Pipe marshmallow cream into the center of each pie.
- 6) Set oven to broil. Place s’more pies in the oven under the broiler until the marshmallow top is toasted, about 2 minutes. Remove and let cool completely before serving.