Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to start sharing some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
To say this recipe is delicious is an understatement, this is mind blowing good in the best possible way! It also has the best creamy, silky texture in the world and best of all it's really easy to make.
But what I really love about this recipe (who am I kidding? I love EVERYTHING about this recipe) is how easy it is to make! Seriously friends, this is way beyond easy so it's a great weeknight dessert idea. Also, easy desserts come especially handy in the busy times of life.
You can make this Caramel Banana Pudding up to 2 days in advance and then serve it when everyone comes over. Or you can make it on Sunday and have enough pudding to last you a couple of weeknight meals. Whatever you decide, make a bigger batch because everyone will ask for seconds (and maybe thirds).
The reason why it's so delicious it's because it has real mashed banana simmering into it. In this Caramel Banana Pudding the banana is not only a topping, but it's also built into the actual pudding! We are also adding a pinch of cinnamon and some vanilla. Both of them help the banana flavors really bloom and shine.
Once it's done, I like to serve it into small bowls and top it with some banana slices and a generous drizzle of caramel syrup.
- 4 Cups milk
- ½ Cup all-purpose flour
- ½ Block cream cheese
- ½ Cup mashed banana
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tsp cinnamon
- 2 Egg yolks
- 4 Rolled wafers
- ½ Cup caramel sauce
- ½ Cup sliced banana
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks with the cinnamon, mashed banana, cream cheese, beaten eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Mix them until getting a creamy texture.
- Transfer to a saucepan over medium heat and mix it with the milk and all-purpose flour.
- Stir and cook for 8 minutes and remove from the heat.
- Transfer to a bowl and let it cool down for 15 minutes.
- Cover it and take to the fridge for 2 hours.
- Pour the pudding into bowls, top with sliced bananas, rolled wafer, and caramel sauce drizzles.
- Serve and enjoy.