How to Build a Newel Post
Sandra @ Sawdust and Paper Scraps!!
Trying to reach my goal of finishing EVERY project on my list so I can sell this house and move…
- I nailed and screwed two 2×4’s onto the end of the wall
- Covered that on 3 sides with MDF
- Primed and painted that.
- Added some more MDF on the bottom to “stack” the base.
- Added some 1×2 pine (just cut and nailed in place…no fancy joinery or anything!)
- Added some moulding
- Primed and painted that!
8. Topped it off with a piece of MDF (making sure the top would extend over the edge far enough to cover the crown moulding I was going to attach.)
9. Added a small Crown moulding.
10. Added some more MDF, moulding and a finial on the top (because I thought it needed something more.)
11. Added another, even smaller finial to the first finial because it was flat on top and I thought it looked weird being flat!
12. Primed what needed to be primed and painted everything again!
>Wow, I am the new blogger on the block and I am in awe… at all the DIY women out there. Inspiring and amazing.
>Wow this looks wonderful! I'm trying to think of where I have a stairways to put this! Maybe the basement….lol
>I'm a new follower of your blog! I can't believe it took me this long to find you! Your house is gorgeous and all your ideas, wow! I am going to poor myself another cup of coffee an start reading!
Love Sandra! Talk about amazing talent!
>That looks fantastic!
>SOOO nice. A transformation of a very common design dilema. Very good use of material for the overall effect.
>It looks great! You make it look so easy to achieve. Now I'm longing for a staircase to give it a try. Keep on! not so much on the (this) list to go. IAMSNWFLK – https://dondehogar.blogspot.com/
>Are you serious?! This is so stinking cute!!
>Wonderful! I need to make a list too…
>I love your stair rail thingie. Very pretty!
>That is one of the coolest things I've seen!! Wishing I had a stair case…
That sure took it up a notch ,from dull to classy looking
Love it ,great job !