Well I got through cleaning out my inbox before my daughter woke up, and since she is still asleep I thought, “Well might as well get all philosophical or something and write down some thoughts.”
I have two-ish weeks to go till my due date. Which means I will have a brand new baby to love on and be responsible for- and neglect my blog because of (kidding, of course never fear, the blog will still be here!) . I am excited and scared. I had expectations when I had my first about what I thought she would look like (that maybe she might have one of my genes in her…uh, sorry no!)
When they told me they could see a full head of black hair, I was like Wha…? (my husband and I both have dark blonde/ light brown hair)
But I wouldn’t change her for the world, she is perfect and I adore the miniature of her daddy running around my house! With this baby (Lydia), I am just waiting to see what, who and how she will be. So, much of it comes with them all wrapped up in their little personalities…
Not to sound ungrateful, but I am also super excited to have the use of my body back. During my pregnancies I have about 3 months of a window where I don’t feel either
A. Like up-chucking everything (pretty picture I know)or
B. Like my ribs and back are going to explode from the inside-out.
I have hit a wall in the last two weeks and just haven’t been able to go any further on projects, but I am trying to force myself to do what I can to clean, cook, shop and just get ready.
But when the baby comes, and after we get through with the initial shock and awe of change… I have a few things I would really like to do. I thought I might mention some of these things.
1. Decorate Etta’s Big Girl Room ! I am excited about this, with her nursery I tired to not be too girly, but forget that, I am going for girly this time!
Some inspiration images:
2. Make a Faux Mantel (or two – if that is not overkill!)
I have had a faux mantel in the plans for about a year. Now that the living room is almost done, I really want to get made. And I am thinking it may just be a “me” project. Where I leave the Mister watching the kids and spend a few gloriously baby free hours in the garage!
3. Slip cover our upstairs couches. We got these great sturdy Ethan Allan Couches from a friend for 50.00. They are such a heaven sent little gift for our family room, I just really want to step away from the green. And I am not a fan of prints, and this has one. So when ever they can get recovered would be great!
4. Finish blogging backlogged projects!!!! I have no idea when I am going to do this, but I really have some awesome projects(well at least awesome to me), so I am sure they need to be shared.
5. Do some more decorating for holidays, I have not done anything in the last few months besides put up 2 Christmas trees- which was a feat in itself) Since Lydia is due the week of Valentines, I am sure that nothing is going to happen much for this holiday either, but I am missing blogging about it!
If you want some inspiration from last year’s Valentines Day; Week… go here.
6. Revamp the nursery- that I never actually finished– gasp of horrified terror. Okay, so technically Lydia will be in the bassinette for 3 months or so, and then (Despicable me- side note SEE THIS MOVIE!) probably the play pen for another few months after that. I am thinking we might transition Etta into a big girl bed around 2 (so that would be July) and I don’t want to have to buy another crib between now and then, we will see if I want her in a crib longer than that or not!
Here are some inspiration shots:
Cassity Kmetzsch started Remodelaholic after graduating from Utah State University with a degree in Interior Design. Remodelaholic is the place to share her love for knocking out walls, and building everything back up again to not only add function but beauty to her home. Together with her husband Justin, they have remodeled 6 homes and are working on a seventh. She is a mother of four amazing girls. Making a house a home is her favorite hobby.