Well I got through cleaning out my inbox before my daughter woke up, and since she is still asleep I thought, “Well might as well get all philosophical or something and write down some thoughts.”
I have two-ish weeks to go till my due date. Which means I will have a brand new baby to love on and be responsible for- and neglect my blog because of (kidding, of course never fear, the blog will still be here!) . I am excited and scared. I had expectations when I had my first about what I thought she would look like (that maybe she might have one of my genes in her…uh, sorry no!)
When they told me they could see a full head of black hair, I was like Wha…? (my husband and I both have dark blonde/ light brown hair)
But I wouldn’t change her for the world, she is perfect and I adore the miniature of her daddy running around my house! With this baby (Lydia), I am just waiting to see what, who and how she will be. So, much of it comes with them all wrapped up in their little personalities…
Not to sound ungrateful, but I am also super excited to have the use of my body back. During my pregnancies I have about 3 months of a window where I don’t feel either
A. Like up-chucking everything (pretty picture I know)or
B. Like my ribs and back are going to explode from the inside-out.
I have hit a wall in the last two weeks and just haven’t been able to go any further on projects, but I am trying to force myself to do what I can to clean, cook, shop and just get ready.
But when the baby comes, and after we get through with the initial shock and awe of change… I have a few things I would really like to do. I thought I might mention some of these things.
1. Decorate Etta’s Big Girl Room ! I am excited about this, with her nursery I tired to not be too girly, but forget that, I am going for girly this time!
Some inspiration images:
2. Make a Faux Mantel (or two – if that is not overkill!)
I have had a faux mantel in the plans for about a year. Now that the living room is almost done, I really want to get made. And I am thinking it may just be a “me” project. Where I leave the Mister watching the kids and spend a few gloriously baby free hours in the garage!
3. Slip cover our upstairs couches. We got these great sturdy Ethan Allan Couches from a friend for 50.00. They are such a heaven sent little gift for our family room, I just really want to step away from the green. And I am not a fan of prints, and this has one. So when ever they can get recovered would be great!
4. Finish blogging backlogged projects!!!! I have no idea when I am going to do this, but I really have some awesome projects(well at least awesome to me), so I am sure they need to be shared.
5. Do some more decorating for holidays, I have not done anything in the last few months besides put up 2 Christmas trees- which was a feat in itself) Since Lydia is due the week of Valentines, I am sure that nothing is going to happen much for this holiday either, but I am missing blogging about it!
If you want some inspiration from last year’s Valentines Day; Week… go here.
6. Revamp the nursery- that I never actually finished– gasp of horrified terror. Okay, so technically Lydia will be in the bassinette for 3 months or so, and then (Despicable me- side note SEE THIS MOVIE!) probably the play pen for another few months after that. I am thinking we might transition Etta into a big girl bed around 2 (so that would be July) and I don’t want to have to buy another crib between now and then, we will see if I want her in a crib longer than that or not!
Here are some inspiration shots: