Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to share some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy this Oriental Chicken Salad recipe and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
The oriental chicken salad recipe has you make your own wonton strips. However, if you need to save a little bit of time, you can typically find pre-made wontons at your local grocery store. Chow mein noodles will also work in a pinch. The same goes for the salad dressing. Easily make your own with our recipe or purchase your favorite pre-made Asian salad dressing.
To put the oriental chicken salad together, start by cooking your chicken and chopping it into cubes or strips. Next, chop up your veggies and slice your almonds if you didn’t purchase them pre-sliced. Then you’ll want to fry your wonton strips and let them cool. Finally, mixup your dressing and pour it over the salad ingredients tossing everything together. Now you’re ready to serve this refreshing salad for lunch or dinner!
Are you excited to try this easy oriental chicken salad? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below. We love to hear about your cooking adventures!
Oriental Chicken Salad
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- 1 large head of lettuce
- 3 green onions
- 4 oz slivered toasted almonds
- 3/4 package wonton skins
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- Cook chicken and cut into strips or cubes.
- Chop lettuce and green onions.
- Add chicken, lettuce, green onions, and slivered almonds together in a large bowl.
- Slice wonton skin into 3/4" strips, fry in olive oil and place on a paper towel.
- Add all salad dressing ingredients to a bowl and stir vigorously.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss.
- Top with fried wontons and serve.