Did you know that May is National Egg Month? Enjoy this twist on the classic deviled egg this month, and show your love for the egg!
Pepper Jack Bacon Deviled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Chopped chives (garnish)
- Paprika (garnish)
- Place eggs in KRUPS Egg Cooker, and remove when hard boiled. Remove and rinse under cold water until cool.
- Place bacon in a skillet and cook on medium until brown and crispy.
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- Peel the cooled eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove yolks and place into a small bowl.
- Mash egg yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, crumbled bacon and cheese.
- Fill egg white halves with the yolk mixture and sprinkle paprika on the tops of each egg.
- Add a sprig of parsley to each egg.
- Refrigerate until serving.
Special thanks to KRUPS for submitting this recipe. Their egg cooker is perfect for cooking up this tasty appetizer. Also check out their Lox Scrambled Eggs and delicious Egg Bake, featured on FOODIEaholic!