Sometimes it’s hard to just manage to get everything you need to get done in one day, let alone cook a healthy dinner from scratch. By the end of a crazy day, sometimes I just want to order a pizza. But with these quick paleo dinner recipes in my arsenal, it’s getting easier to stay away from the phone and whip up a fast and nutritious dinner for my family.
Try these quick paleo dinner recipes for your next busy day! These recipes make four servings.
Tilapia with Avocado Salsa
Tilapia is so easy. It’s economical, cooks in minutes, and is a chameleon of sorts. You can instantly change its taste with the addition of different spices.
- Sprinkle cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper over your filets of tilapia.
- Heat up coconut oil in a pan and then cook the tilapia for a few minutes on each side, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- While the tilapia is cooking, cut up an avocado into a bowl and add chopped cherry tomatoes, minced onions, juice of a 1/2 lime, and salt and pepper.
- Mix carefully and then top the avocado salsa on your tilapia.
- Add a side of vegetables, such as sauteed zucchini slices or a salad, and you’ve got yourself a delicious and quick paleo dinner that can be ready in 15 minutes or less.
Salmon with Coconut Aminos
Coconut aminos is my favorite. It is very similar to soy sauce and works very well with salmon.
- Season your salmon filets with garlic powder, salt, and pepper and put them in the oven and set it to broil. I like to use my toaster oven for this for faster cooking.
- Meanwhile, combine two tablespoons of coconut aminos, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon powdered ginger, and hot sauce to taste in a small bowl.
- When your salmon is cooked, put them on your plates and pour your coconut aminos mixture over them.
- Top the salmon with chopped green onions and cilantro.
- Pair this dish with a side of steamed broccoli. The broccoli soaks up the coconut aminos mixture beautifully.
Burgers with Lettuce “Buns”
Who doesn’t love a burger at the end of a long day? Eating paleo doesn’t necessarily mean you have to give up this guilty pleasure.
- In a medium bowl, mix up one pound of lean ground beef, an egg, 1/3 cup minced onion, 1/2 cup chopped spinach, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Shape the ground beef into four patties.
- Cook them on a hot grill and wrap them in a lettuce leaf.
- Add any condiments you like. I like to add grilled onions, a slice of tomato, hot sauce, and mustard.
- For a vegetable side that pairs well with a burger, try one of these healthy french fries.
Chicken Tacos with Mango and Avocado
Cook your chicken in advance and leave them in the refrigerator until it’s time to make this quick paleo dinner.
- Shred the chicken and put them in a hot pan with coconut oil.
- Add garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and paprika powder to the chicken and mix to coat.
- Let the chicken heat up as you chop up a full mango and one avocado (or two, if you love it like I do) and put them in separate serving bowls.
- Serve the chicken in lettuce that act like taco shells and sprinkle the mango and avocado on top.
- If you like, add hot sauce or salsa. So easy, so good.
I hope these quick paleo dinners will come in handy for you on hectic days!