Hi there, I am Betty from Oh Everything Handmade. Today I like to share with you how I made an aroma infused Christmas wreath.
My wreath tutorial is super simple to re-create, and I made sure to keep it budget-friendly as well!
How to Make a Scented Wreath for the Holidays
Click here or view the image below for step by step instructions.
What you need to make the wreath:
- 1 – Fir wire back wreath 18″+ ($3.99) from Michaels
- 1 – 2.5″ wide wired edge ribbon ($9.99 regular – discount price $3.75)
- 1 – pack of Christmas luxury aroma scented potpourri (discount price $8.49)
- 1 – Glue gun + glue sticks (already owned)
- 1 – Floral Wire ($1.47) from Walmart
- 1/2 pound bag bonding flock (permanent) – ($6.95)
If you are using the bonding flock, start by spreading up all branches on your wreath, and spray with a water mist. If you are using the artificial snow spray, apply the snow to the wreath once everything is added to it.
Use a sifter to apply the bonding flock to the wreath, the bonding flock requires no adhesive it is a self adhesive flock when water is added to the flocking process. Bonding Flock is pure cellulose, non toxic, flame retardant, biodegradable, shake proof and rain and fog resistant so it is safe and environmentally friendly. You can see how to use it on a full-sized Christmas tree here.
Let the wreath dry overnight, or at least 6-24hours.
Use floral wire on the scented potpourri. Add a mix of potpourri to the wreath. Potpourri that can’t be wired, can be glued to the wreath with a glue gun.
Now apply the artificial snow, if you didn’t use the bonding flock.