This appetizer is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next gathering. These stuffed mushrooms are super easy to prepare and so delicious!
Recipe Type: Appetizer
- 12 oz large mushrooms
- 6 oz light cream cheese
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped ham or cooked sausage**
- 2 Tbsp parsley flakes
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Place caps on a large rimmed baking dish.
- Dice stems finely and saute till cooked.
- Slightly soften cream cheese in a microwavable bowl. Add sauteed stems and all other ingredients except Parmesan. (If the mixture is too liquidy, just add some more bread crumbs, but don’t make it too stiff).
- Fill mushroom caps with filling, mounded on top.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake at 400 degrees F till browned, about 12-18 minutes, depending on size of mushrooms.
- Serve hot.
You can also make these vegetarian by substituting spinach for the meat.