Fall is fast approaching! That means cooler weather… and all the scrumptious desserts that come with it! Pumpkin, pear, cherry, apple, cinnamon; the flavors of fall offer a myriad of dessert options. That old standby, pumpkin pie, is sure to be a hit with friends and family, but if you’re looking to revamp your fall dessert repertoire we’ve got some great ideas for you! Don’t dump the old classics – everyone craves a good cinnamon apple crisp with vanilla ice cream from time to time – but slip a new treat into your rotation or try it out for a fall gathering to sweeten things up. These 10 delectable fall desserts are sure to become fast favorites!
1. Pumpkin Pie Cake – bugaboo, mini, mr & me: If you love the flavor of pumpkin pie but want to try it in a new way this dessert is a must! All the flavor is there, wrapped up in a moist and flavorful cake and topped with delicious homemade whipped cream.
2. Poached Gingered Pears in Chocolate Sauce – Pham Fatale: This dessert seriously ups the fancy-factor! No one will believe just how easy it is to make them. Lemon, ginger, cinnamon and nutmeg create a medley of tasty goodness while a dark chocolate sauce is the grand finale.
3. Cinnamon Caramel Swirl Bars – McCormick: Though cinnamon is front and center in this super delicious, super easy to make bars, you’ll love the warm, gooey caramel. Throw in some pecans, vanilla and brown sugar for a completely sweet-tooth satisfying dessert.
4. Cherry Kuchen – Food Family Finds: Speaking of easy to make, try this moist and delicious sweet cherry kuchen instead of cherry pie. You’ll love how simple it is and how deliciously everything combines. There’s no competition between flavors – making this a must-try.
5. Dark Chocolate Pomegranate Mousse – Sue’s Nutrition Buzz: If you’re a chocolate-lover, this dessert is sure to please! Whip up the light and fluffy semi-sweet mousse and combine with pomegranate juice, topping with whole pomegranates. It’s fun marriage of fall flavors.
6. Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts – Very Best Baking: These great mini tartlets are an incredible addition to any fall buffet! With a crunchy crushed gingersnap base and spiced cream cheese filling you can top these off with whipped cream or sour cream and drizzle on some semi-sweet chocolate for a delectable alternative to pie.
7. Roasted Pear Dessert – Two a Healthy Life: If you’re looking for something sweet but still light and healthy, look no further. Whip this dessert up in a jiff, using fresh halved pears, fig jam and goat cheese.
8. Caramel Pecan Hand Pies – The Cafe Sucre Farine: It doesn’t take much to make these adorable mini pies! Pecan pie is a staple of fall, and these little hand pies are sure to be a hit with everyone, especially the kids. They’ve got all the goodness of the real thing, and they look amazing, too.
9. Pear and Dried Cherry Crisp With Walnut Streusel – Once Upon a Chef: For an easy dessert that takes little time and minimal effort but packs all the punch of combined pear and cherry flavors, this dessert is a go-to! With an incredible streusel topping, this crisp is a homey comfort food you won’t want to miss.
10. Pear Right-Side Up Cake – Lunchbox bunch: Not only is this tart beautiful to look at, but it packs all the flavor you could want in a fall cake. Mandolin-sliced pears top this super moist cake. It’s completely vegan. Even better? It’s low-fat!
11. Salted Caramel Apple Crumb Bars – Two Peas and Their Pod: This is not your ordinary apple crumble. The crumbled crust is moist like cake, while the apples filling combines all the fall favorites – nutmeg, cinnamon, all-spice, vanilla – along with a rich salted caramel sauce. These bars will turn heads!
12. Spiced Pumpkin Mousse Trifle – Rachel Ray: Trifle’s not just for strawberries, pound cake, cheesecake and other summery fixings! This trifle is perfect for your fall table with pumpkin mousse, ginger, and cinnamon. Layer it up with crumbled gingersnaps and top with cream. Cloves and dark rum deepen the rich fall flavors.
Featured Image via Better Homes and Gardens.
Kimberly Mueller is the “me” over at bugaboo, mini, mr & me, a blog that highlights her creative endeavors. She especially likes to share kid crafts, sewing attempts, recipes, upcycled projects, photography and free printable gift tags/cards. When she’s not enjoying being married to her best friend, chasing after the natives (AKA her three kids) and attempting to keep the house in one piece, you can find her with a glue gun in one hand and spray paint in the other. Aside from DIY pursuits, she also enjoys writing, reading, music, singing (mostly in the shower) and the color yellow. Kimberly recently published a craft book entitled Modern Mod Podge. You can also find her on Facebook, Pinterest,Bloglovin’ and Instagram. Email her at: bugabooblog(at)yahoo.com
Find more delicious recipes: