25 + Bedrooms for Teen Boys

25+ Teen Boy Bedrooms

Picture 1 of 29

Decorating a nursery? A girls’ room? A playful space for a little boy? Or are you getting ready to give your teen girl’s bedroom a sophisticated makeover? Well, you’re in luck. You’ll find inspiration images by the thousands of those rooms. Carry on!

But….if you happen to be planning a room for a teen or tween boy…let me warn you: finding examples of good design for these guys is a little bit like finding a snow leopard in the wild. You’ll be searching for a while. Not having any teenage boys myself, I’m not sure why this is. Is it because they don’t want anyone to interfere with their space? Because their rooms are never clean enough to be photographed? Are moms of teen sons too busy keeping the fridge stocked to blog about their bedroom decor? Or are we under the impression that there’s nothing interesting about rooms for teen boys because ruffles and pom-poms aren’t going to be part of the scheme? Well, if that last scenario is the case, let me call it out for the myth it is. I’ve been on the hunt for terrific design in teen boys rooms, and–even though I had to look high and low–I’ve found some pretty awesome examples of bedrooms for teen boys. Running the gamut from music to sports and vintage to contemporary, these designs have it all. Enjoy!

slide 1: Napoleon Dynamite Bedroom
slide 25: Tennis Court Bedroom
slide 26: Colorful Eclectic Bedroom
slide 27: Lego Bedroom
slide 28: Black and White Bedroom with a Pop of Color

25 + Teen Boy Rooms | @Remodelaholic #bedroom #boy #decor #teenage

Teen Boy Pinterest Pic

So what do you thinks about all the bedrooms for teen boys? Which one if your favorite?

If you enjoyed this post, please consider pinning it. THANKS!

Comments

I have 2 young boys (2 and 5 months) and I actually love a bunch of these ideas for them. I’m not big on “themes”, so some of these are so perfect!!

Isn’t this perfect? I have two boys and although they are only 8 and 6, I am already thinking ahead – I like Max’s room from 71 toes.

3. Lyz Jones says

I have 5 boys, the oldest is 17, then we have a 13 year old, an 11 year old, and a six year old that all share a room at the moment because the youngest ( who is 4) has to sleep downstairs. I am trying to decorate it in a way that the older kids will love and keep all of thier stuff where it goes. But also keep it fun Enough for the six year old. Btw the room is 25’x 27′ it isn’t like they are cramped and sharing beds. But it doesn’t have a closet. Someone tell me that either I am nuts, or that it can be done.

Lyz,
      I think it can be done. I would not do any sort of a themed room because of the age differences between the boys. Instead I would focus on great color and textures that boys would like. Not neon, or you will get a headache just walking in there.

Since the room is so big I would use furniture with lots of storage between beds instead of nightstands. So each kids has a storage dresser for stuff and not just a dresser/armoire for clothes. I would probably paint all the closet furniture in the room the same color as the walls, to help them disappear a bit, in my head I am seeing orange, it sounds cool… Of course this is all just thinking out loud. I would need to see the space to really know what I would do but at least you have some ideas.

I think it can be done. Find some pictures of kids rooms with multiple kids in the space and pick and choose what features of the room you like and what you don’t.

p.s. I would suggest building in a closet, I don’t think it would be that hard, you obviously have the space and it might save your life…

4. Marla says

My son is 10 years old and likes dragons (specifically 2 dragons from Pokemon Black and White, but dragons in general. I’m not sure where to go with this. I haven’t been able to find any bedding that I think will work, and I don’t want something that I’ll have to redo in a year or two. Anyone have ideas?

5. aicee so impresive i think it so cost to handle that! says

i like it but i need to know how much capital needed to get room like that.please i need to know

In the small collage photo there is a room at the very top with a stained barnwood style wall behind it and a orange comforter across the bottom of the bed. I couldn’t find it in the slides. Which one is that?

This post is right on time!!! I am in the process of re-decorating my boys room (ages 6 and 3) and am having a time finding ideas that aren’t too “theme-y”. I repainted the room and their dresser in varying shades of blue so that they will go with everything but now I’m stuck!