25+ Great Kitchen Backsplash Ideas

25+ Great Kitchen Backsplash Ideas

Picture 1 of 29

Give your kitchen that finishing touch you've been looking for without breaking the bank!

25 Kitchen Backsplash Ideas

Let’s play a game.  When I say the words “kitchen backsplash”, what’s the first thing that comes to mind?  If you are like 99% of homeowners, then the first word or image that came to your mind was “tile.”  There are literally zillions of options when it comes to designing tile backsplashes, so it’s no wonder we gravitate towards tile when we’re planning out a kitchen backsplash.

But….tile isn’t the end-all-be-all of backsplashes.  Nope, there are other options out there that can work for anyone who can’t (or doesn’t want to) invest the time and money required to tile their kitchen walls.  Not that tile has to be expensive–I’ve shown you that before.  It’s just that when you are renting or saving up for a big remodel down the road or looking for a temporary solution, a permanent tile installation isn’t the best option.  Or maybe you want a permanent installation, but you want something unique and different.  The good news is that there are still lots of creative solutions to get a backsplash that you’ll love.

I’ve collected more than 25 amazing backsplashes for your viewing pleasure, today.  We’ll start out with some of the creative, non-tile options.  But never fear, lovers of tile, if you keep scrolling down you’ll find plenty of ceramic and mosaic eye candy.  Enjoy!

slide 1: Beaded Board
slide 23: Sapphire Blue Subway Tile
slide 24: Yellow Vertical Subway Tile
slide 25: Mini Subway Tile
slide 26: Dark-Grouted Subway Tile
slide 27: Traditional White Subway Tile
slide 28: Art Deco Style

25+ Great Kitchen Backsplash Ideas | @Remodelaholic #kitchen #design #remodel #backsplash Remodelaholic.com

Which of these backsplashes is your favorite?  Are you a die-hard tile fan, or would you be willing to try another material?

Featured picture and Pinterest friendly picture via Jute Home and  Cococozy.

Comments

1. Crystal says

Great ideas for backsplashes. I couldn’t believe how many different things were used and they turned out beautiful! We put red subway tiles as our backsplash last year and I love it!! Thanks for the great round-up!

I have ideas that I’d like to do for a tile backsplash, but I also love the look of the faux tin. Since we plan on painting our cabinets white I don’t think beadboard would work for us, though it is my third favorite of the options you listed! ;)

3. Monica says

Hi, just wanted to say that I love your posts, but every time I click on any of them there is an advertisement strip, right after the second paragraph.It does inhibit the ability to read a few lines of your post. Not sure if it’s my computer, but it only happens with your site and no one else’s. The’re kind of annoying and it doesn’t even have an x to get rid of it. Anyone else experiencing the same thing with this awesome web page?

• Monica says

Justin, thanks for the reply. It’s so strange, I still get that advertisement banner, only on this site. It’s usually a toy’s r us/babies r us advertisement, if I put the mouse over it, it doubles in size this one does have an X on it. When I click it, it goes back to the smaller banner. Don’t know what it is, thanks though!

4. ann says

I Like the look the Faux tin for my kitchen, however my husband thinks it would not work above the stove…..grease and other splatters would not be easy to clean,,,,,any sugesstions on this…

5. Penny says

Hi,
    I am having a very hard time deciding on a back splash for my remodeled kitchen. I would like the glass tile as seen in my pic,but it will be VERY expensive, do you have any other ideas? Any help would great. Thank you

Penny, I am not sure exactly where you could get a better price. Overstock usually has good options at decent prices I would check there. And remember a back splash isn’t usually a huge amount of space, so yes, the tile per square foot might be expensive but if you only need 10 square feet it isn’t a HUGE expense. I would figure out how much you need add 5-10% to the total and then look for a tile price range and save up for that amount over time!

6. Susan says

Some of these are obviously only for use in kitchens that no one ever cooks in, because they would be impossible to clean: corks, rocks, really?