Add shade to your yard with one of these pretty pergolas to buy or build. There are a variety of styles and colors to add something special to your backyard.
There are so many great ways to add a beautiful gathering place in the yard, and pergolas really set the space apart and add shade. We have lots of options for pergolas to buy and some to build from scratch.
Where to Buy a Pergola
There are many place to find pergolas to buy. We have found a lot of beautiful ones at Wayfair, Overstock, and even Walmart. Order online and assemble a pergola for a beautiful backyard design element.
This post contains affiliate links for pergolas to buy for your convenience. Learn more and read our full disclosure policy here. If you can’t see these images it may be your ad blocker (you might need to disable it), or you can check out the list below.
- Steel Pergola – Wayfair
- Metal Pergola with Canopy – Wayfair
- White Vinyl Pergola – Wayfair
- Verona Metal Pergola – Wayfair
- Bamboo Wood Pergola – Wayfair
- Cedar Wood Pergola – Wayfair
- Alcove Pergola – Wayfair
- Aluminium Pergola – Wayfair
- Lanai Vinyl Pergola – Wayfair
- Lodge Style Pergola – Wayfair
- White Steel Pergola – Walmart
- Mainstays Wood Pergola – Walmart
- White Attached Pergola – Walmart
- Modern Steel Pergola – Overstock
- Steel Wood Look Arched Pergola – Overstock
- Pergola with Bar – Overstock
- Modern Black Metal Pergola – Wayfair
- Aluminum Pergola with Blue Canopy – Wayfair
- Sonoma Solid Wood Pergola – Wayfair
- Extra Long Pergola – Wayfair
Click the arrows on either side of the image below to see more pergolas.
How to Build a Pergola
Want to make a pergola all on your own? We have a few tutorial to help you plan, cut, and build a pergola, and it all different styles, to find the perfect look.
- Simple Modern Pergola
- Backyard Shade Pergola by Heathered Nest for Remodelaholic
- Fire pit Pergola with Swings by Little White House Blog for Remodelaholic
- How to add More Shade Pergola Hack by Anything Pretty for Remodelaholic
How to Style
Pergolas to buy or build are very pretty, but if you are stuck on where to put one in your yard, these design inspiration photos will help. There are many ways to add them and style them in your yard. They can be on a patio, a deck, in a garden area, etc.
If you are lucky enough to have a pool in your backyard, a pergola with seating on one side of the pool is a great idea. RElax by the pool with the added protection of shade.
Another example of a pergola by the pool. this one is lined by cute plants around the perimeter of the pergola.
Add one near a covered porch. It can add a place that is semi-shaded. Add lights to the pergola and it becomes a great place to relax in the evening under the glow of the lights on some comfy patio furniture.
There are so many different styles of pergolas, and this modern style is a gorgeous but different take on a regular pergola. This one is on the longer side and has a dining area near the pool.
Landscape a beautiful yard with a covered pergola and couch for a shaded place to enjoy the beauty.
This pergola doubles as a planter. Add a vegetable or flower garden box to the side of a pergola.
This one also provides a seating area near the animals. Sit by the horses and enjoy the garden boxes too.
And lastly add a pergola over an outdoor kitchen area or grilling station. It adds some shad and protection, plus a fun design element.
Build an Outdoor Sofa
Create a Relaxing Backyard
Garden Arbors and Trellises
Garden Edging Ideas
DIY Landscaping Ideas
Please be sure to pin these pretty pergolas to buy or build for later: