1. There are many versions and sizes of these handy dandy warmer-uppers, but I like this “heartwarming” version of a rice warmer the best! Throw it in the microwave for a minute or two and cozy up.
2. Interested in attracting some winter visitors of the winged variety? Try these fun birdie ice pops for a fun and nature-friendly craft.
3. ’Tis the season for the scarf, and if you’re having trouble keeping them organized, then this ingenious scarf organizer is the project for you! A set of dollar store curtain rings and a hanger and you’re on your way.
4. Nothing says winter chic quite like a pair of warm woolen mittens, and you can’t beat the up-cycling factor of a pair made from an old sweater!
6. Pets deserve some project love too! Up-cycle another thrift store find into this simple dog sweater for your frosty friend.
7. Chances are, you’ll catch some kind of a nasty bug this winter. Be prepared when it hits with this fab “sick caddy” to tote around the house with you.
8. Winter is nothing without a hot cup of cocoa, tea, coffee, wassail… Whatever your flavor, these painted mugs are sure to brighten your spirits while you guzzle.
9. If you’re finding yourself frizzy and full of static, it might be time to moisturize your dry winter hair. Try a homemade hair mask full of all-natural ingredients!
Kayla Lilly is a photographer, writer, wife, and mama making a house a home in eastern Idaho. She met her mister while working at an amusement park and married him a year later after deciding there was no way to live without him. The amusement has continued as they’ve added three kids and a passel of pets to their lives while finishing college and starting a photography business. Drawing inspiration from the whirlwinds of marriage, parenthood, and the media, Kayla blogs at Utterly Inexperienced, and spends the rest of her time chasing chickens, organizing junk drawers, diapering toddlers, and photographing everyone willing to step in front of her lens.
Featured Image via Perfect Locks.
Need more wintery inspiration?