This asparagus soup requires a bit of cooking, but it’s so worth the effort. It can be served hot or cold, and you’ll be amazed at the difference in flavor the temperature makes!
Recipe Type: Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups chopped asparagus
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 3 cups chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Heat onion in a saucepan with olive oil.
- Add chopped asparagus and cook until soft.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in baby spinach leaves and chicken broth. Simmer until the vegetables are tender, and then puree in a blender.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool.
- To serve cold, chill soup for several hours before serving.
Beat the heat this summer with these simple-to-execute chilled soup recipes from the team at Chef Works. Comprised of a variety of fresh seasonal ingredients, these soups are a perfect starter for any backyard barbecue, picnic in the park, or beach bash. Simply prepare them at home, throw them in the cooler, and serve them up in small disposable cups when you’re ready to eat!
Sweet Pea and Basil Soup
Raspberry and Jalapeño Soup
Cucumber Mint Soup
Creamy Corn Soup
Creamy Carrot Soup
Avocado and Raw Broccoli Soup