Here at Remodelaholic we love all things home decor and DIY, but we also love RECIPES. While we will continue to share our latest and greatest remodeling projects we want to share some really yummy recipes once a week. Enjoy the recipes and know that we are still Remodelaholics.
Our Aunt Jenny’s lemon bars recipe only calls for 6 ingredients: butter, salt, powdered sugar, flour, eggs, and lemon juice. For thicker lemon bars, you’ll want to use a a 9×9 pan. You can certainly also use a 13×9 pan which will yield more bars that are a bit thinner. If you use a 9×9 pan you may have to add a few extra minutes to ensure the lemon filing bakes fully.
To achieve the desired texture, we suggest sifting the powdered sugar coating through a fine mesh strainer onto the baked lemon bars. These bars also chill well overnight in the fridge and can be served cold. In fact, many people prefer their lemon bars chilled as opposed to fresh from the oven.
Excited to make our Aunt Jenny’s lemon bars? Let us know what you think of this lemon bars recipe in the comments section below. We love to hear about your baking adventures!
Aunt Jenny's Lemon Bars
- 1 cup butter
- 1 dash salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 eggs (beaten)
- 2 cups sugar
- 6 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- Mix all crust ingredients together in a mixing bowl to form a dough.
- Press dough into the bottom of a greased or parchment lined 9x9 or 13x9 pan.
- Bake 15 min at 350 or until golden brown.
- Add all filing ingredients to a mixing bowl. Beat with whisk until combined.
- Pour filing on top of the crust. Bake for 25 min at 350.
- Let bars cool and then sprinkle with extra powdered sugar.