Make Mom feel the love with this decadent dish. Host the perfect Mother’s Day Brunch with this lovely Chocolate Brioche Pain Perdu.
Chocolate Brioche Pain Perdu
- [b]Pain Perdu Custard:[/b]
- 4 cups milk
- 4 each eggs
- 4 each yolks
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 each vanilla bean or 3 tablespoons vanilla extract[br][br]
- [b]Sautéed Bananas (optional):[/b]
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 each bananas, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons Meyers Rum (optional)[br][br]
- 2 Brioche loaves sliced into 16 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Soak each slice (2 per serving) in the custard for 1 minute and use the two pieces to make a sandwich, sprinkling about 1 tablespoon chocolate chips in between. Press the two slices together. Freeze solid.
- Heat the butter in a sauté pan. When the butter has almost reached the brown butter stage, add the honey.
- Take the frozen brioche slices and cook each side, making sure that they take a good color.
- Remove from the pan and place on a sheet tray with parchment paper and repeat as necessary, cleaning the pan each time.
- When all pieces are cooked, place in the preheated oven and bake for approx. 10 minutes, or until cooked all the way through.
- Set aside the brioche and re-warm in the oven before serving.
- Place the re-warmed brioche on a plate.
- Sautée the bananas and place over brioche.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve,
Thanks to Payard for submitting this divine recipe!